Are you a passionate leader with an international profile? Do you find motivation in building a new dream team of IT specialists in Athens? And do you master leading high-quality application development? If this sounds like you, consider joining our team!
For the past 140 years, Bunker Holding has served global shipping and has earned its place among the pioneers in bunkering. Around the world, in 31 countries on six continents, more than 650 employees are busy making a career at Bunker Holding. Now, we are looking for exceptional talent to grow with us.
Additional job details
In this position, you are responsible for establishing a new development team in Athens, Greece that supports several key systems empowering their business within bunkering. Your new team will deliver high standard digital services to business partners. You will succeed by onboarding highly skilled professionals and by cooperating closely with the development team located in Middelfart, Denmark as well as their knowledge specialists within user experience, project managers, service owners and architects.
Area of responsibilities:
- Build, lead and manage a team of 7-10 professionals FTE (milestone first year)
- Deliver dependable solutions in a hybrid environment founded on solid proof change and release management
- Lead the application development team throughout the development cycle from requirement identification, solution design and build to test and implementation
- Define and apply required test and documentation standards
- Orchestrate and balance tasks and resources on daily basis
- Drive effective collaboration between remote locations
The scope for the IT platform is significant with applications applied and used in 31 countries and 59 office locations. Their ambition for you and the development team is that you will have a unique opportunity to set the bar high and hence make a significant impact to benefit our growth strategy. You will join the IT Management Team and report to the Group IT Director. Finally, you will onboard in Middelfart and within 2-3 months relocate to an office in the Athens urban area.
We expect you to have minimum five years of experience from a similar international manager role and enjoys motivating, inspire and lead a team to perform and deliver outstanding results. Preferably, you have experience managing and building nearshore teams and have strong Change Management skills. As a person, you invest yourself in the team and the responsibilities handed to you. You are structured and deliver results through powerful leadership and excellent development expertise. You are outgoing and a good listener with strong collaboration skills that succeed on the distance.
Hence you provide:
- A personal drive that can influence and drive changes in the organisation – leading the way
- An ability to understand and absorb technical and commercial information
- Success working with distributed source teams i.e. internal, permanent staff and 3rd party partners
- Experience working with agile methods and tools such as Azure, Devops or Jira
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft services like Dynamics (NAV/CRM), BI, Office 365 and SharePoint
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English and Danish - spoken and written.
Greek is a plus.
Join Bunker Holding – World leaders in bunker trading
Besides being a global leader in purchasing, selling and supplying marine fuel and lube oil, we also provide risk management and other vital services for the shipping industry. Our corporate culture is open-minded and unprejudiced. We help and encourage each employee to make the best possible use of his or her skills. We strive to be an engaging workplace where every staff member feels included, appreciated and valued. We know that our success as a company depends on your success as an employee. Therefore, we provide the in-depth tools and insights to advance your career and you will have access to the programmes that are relevant for you.
How to apply
If you have questions or if you wish to apply, please contact Coresearch at +45 7026 0326 or send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org