Do you have comprehensive sales experience with Japanese shipping clients?
Bunker Holding is looking to expand the key account team with an experienced and talented Key Account Manager for our main Japanese clients. This is a unique opportunity in a newly created position hence you get the opportunity to shape the role and leave your mark.
About the job
As our new Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for achieving and exceeding sales targets on own portfolio as well as agreed KPIs. You will support the Key Account Managers worldwide to achieve the key account plan targets. There will be a heavy focus on ensuring that all contracts in relation to the Japanese market are managed effectively as well as managing operations on both spot and contract deals. You will work on setting goals, develop customer and supplier centric account plans, and ensure successful implementation of these plans for key accounts and stakeholders. You will become a strategic business advisor who can develop compelling and winning solutions to customer issues. Identification of decision-making processes, customer needs and business opportunities as well as creating and managing long-term relationships are essential parts of your role.
You will be based in Singapore and be reporting to the Key Account Lead for the APAC region.
More specifically your area of responsibility includes:
- Single point of contact with key accounts
- Operationalising long-term contract and spot deliveries and ensuring compliance
- Proactive risk analyses
- Understand and drive the customers’ strategic ambitions in relation to bunkering
- Engage the team around the account
- Engage wider resources within the company to accommodate customers’ needs
- Develop/be compliant with relevant policies, legislations, and credit lines
- Ensure best terms for tender/supply chain
You are an ambitious, driven, and analytical individual with a good track record, sales skills and key account management experience. Additionally, you have experience with account planning from start to finish, flair for business development and innovativeness, and enjoy being with clients and colleagues. You know how to scope a project plan and manage several project tracks with clear deliveries and timeline. You find it natural to establish good and trusting relationships with customers and colleagues, and you have the skills to influence and ultimately lead others.
Your profile & qualifications
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) in English a must. Similar in Japanese will be considered a strong plus.
- Ideally, have bunker trading experience to Japanese shipping clients / We are also willing to look at a candidate who has strong sales experience to Japanese shipping clients
- Extensive experience in communicating and dealing with large Japanese shipowners.
- Have minimum 5-7 years of experience in the bunker/shipping industry
- Be able to work in Singapore
For this position we team up with Salling Search. For more info on the position please contact Soeren Salling on email@example.com / +65 6717 0220 or apply directly on the website http://sallingsearch.com/en/jobs/