– lead the future of cloud and edge infrastructure
Are you eager to execute an ambitious IT strategy and will you be the catalyst of the I&O activities being fully aligned and positioned to support the digital acceleration? Do you coach and empower specialists to act and deliver value to the customers we serve?
I&O leadership is transforming to establish a strong foundation for innovation and agility of our digital transformation journey. It requires a firm grasp of stakeholder expectations, an understanding of how to deliver value, and clear communication of goals and objectives. Bunker Holding Group IT is looking for a leader that can improve the business stakeholder perception of I&O, build trust with teams, and set the groundwork to drive change in the I&O organisation.
To be successful as I&O leader, you should see yourself as the product owner of technology products and as such challenge and define goals and objectives for your team to fulfil. A product owner owns the entire product. Consequently, you focus on making and keeping the product a success – by ensuring that it offers a strong value proposition to the customers and users, and that it creates the desired business benefits.
You will be a part of a dedicated team in Group IT located in Middelfart who is responsible for Infrastructure and Operations with a hybrid infrastructure setup and an ambitious cloud strategy. The team is delivering services to the IT organisation and directly to the business which operates worldwide.
About the job - be challenged with the very forefront of I&O
As Head of Infrastructure and Operations you will be responsible for the delivery of stable, reliable, and secure infrastructure as well as the operations to sustain it. You define the vision for the I&O team, with a strong link to the overall IT Strategy. Furthermore, your responsibilities are to:
- Deliver a stable and secure I&O setup in a global company with more than 70 offices in 33 countries
- Work with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritise resources, including budget
- Build successful stakeholder relationships with other IT teams and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs
- Create and align an I&O value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future state business capabilities required to achieve them
- Collaborate with the CISO to ensure I&O embrace and apply security strategy
- Provide direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into I&O products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy
- Drive the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements
Our agile journey enables us adapting to business needs faster
In Group IT, an agile transformation is in process and we have changed into a product centric organisation, with a mix of product and enabling teams. We continuously strive to improve our ways of working and are always interested in improving our digital products and we expect you:
- Succeed with your team by promoting teamwork
- Have experience with agile practices, tools and is familiar with DevOps
- Are motivated by inspiring others and sharing your knowledge
You will also be paired with an agile coach and assisted in finding practical ways of step-by-step changing our behaviour towards leadership, value, products, customers, culture, collaboration, and communication.
About you – Leading the Digital Acceleration
We are looking for a colleague who can inspire and lead an I&O team into the world of enabling product centric development and DevOps. You have the talent to motivate and empower the team to deliver business value through trust, delegation, and inclusion. And you have the courage to do things differently.
To succeed in this position, you have a solid understanding of current and emerging infrastructure and operations technologies and practices, especially within the Microsoft domain. Furthermore, we expect you to have:
- Eight to ten years of experience in IT
- Five or more years of leadership responsibilities, including strategy, budgeting, vendor management and staffing
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across a truly global organisation and within complex contexts
- Preferably demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic environments where agile was applied at scale
- Experience in leading cloud adoption, including establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects, and modifying I&O’s target operating model
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources required for success may not be in direct control of this role
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans
What’s in it for you?
Join an exciting workplace, good colleagues, and the opportunity to work with the best Microsoft has to offer within the I&O domain. As we are always looking to improve, you will be challenged with initiatives at the very forefront of infrastructure and operational agility and you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Please apply now and note that applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews will be planned accordingly. In case you have any questions about the position, please contact Peer Omann at +45 88 38 00 97. We are looking forward hearing from you.
Bunker Holding is the world’s leading company in bunker trading. We make fuelling ships simple. Since 1981 we have specialised in the purchase, sale and supply of fuel and lube oil to ships. We also help manage risk and volatility in fuel prices.
With more than 1500 specialists in 33 countries worldwide, our clients know that a local expert is always at hand with detailed insights into suppliers, port logistics, local availability and pricing. Bunker Holding is the largest company in the USTC Group. Learn more at www.bunker-holding.com.