Bunker Holding A/S is searching for an analytical and organized Collections Manager, one who has flair for constructive communication and will investigate all alternative solutions to minimize losses in complex situations, as well as assisting in monitoring delinquent accounts and chase for interest collection. We offer a challenging, newly created position in a well-established team.
At Bunker Holding Collections, we handle collections by processing payments and interest across all companies within the Bunker Holding Group. We hold a central role in the organization with daily interactions with many stakeholders. As an international bunkering company, most of our customers are from the shipping industry. We pride ourselves on handling all our collections through expert analysis and ongoing dialogue with our valued customers. Our main activities include collecting debt, negotiating on repayment policies as well as risk management.
You will be working from our office in Aalborg, with daily contact to your colleagues around the world. You will join a team of 5 dedicated and committed collections professionals. They will give you a thorough introduction to the business and tasks within the first six month of your employment.
The following areas will be your responsibility:
- Collect and follow-up on payments and interest to accounts both internally and externally
- Establish yourself as speaking partner and proactively follow up with Bunker Traders in your assigned offices around the world, regarding unpaid debt and credit related issues
- Reach out to customers with unpaid debt and attempt to collect from them. When relevant, negotiate credit extensions, interest agreement and set up repayment plans according to ability to pay
- Advise customers of default consequences and debt repayment policies
- Make personal visits to your offices or customers of responsibility, if necessary, to collect debts
- Keep track of delinquent accounts
- Disconnect services if account remains unpaid, and/or collaborate with attorneys and maritime lawyers around the world for advisement
- Relays to superior accounts that need to be written off as bad debt
- Independently prepare statements and reporting to relevant decision level, in order to secure an efficient decision-making process
- Secure accuracy and high quality in deliveries and solutions to ensure operational efficiency
- Act as a role model and proactively share own credit risk competences across units to enable a continuing strengthening of competencies within Sales Departments and Bunker Traders
- Proactively contribute to an efficient risk management process, in order to make it possible to save costs and reduce risk within Bunker Holding A/S
“From the day I joined Bunker-Holding I was given a huge chunk of responsibility, which gave me a feeling of being a valuable employee from the very beginning. Every day is different, and you are faced with new challenges which gives you the opportunity to experience the diversity of an international industry from a legal perspective.” Says Collections Manager Line Madsen.
You are an ambitious, driven and analytical individual. You have great communication skills and thrive in an environment where communication is key to success in your daily tasks. We imagine that you have an educational background within law, economics or similar education. However, we value your energy and flair for crucial business relations as highly important and essential in this role. We imagine that you have:
- The ability to thrive in an adaptable environment by possessing a true thinking-on-your-feet attitude.
- Fluent in English and can communicate on a professional level both verbally and written.
- Good analytical skills and sound business judgement
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- A pragmatic, commercial and solution-oriented approach
- Can cope in a flexible working environment
Join our team today
If you have any questions, please contact Collections Manager, Line Madsen on +45 40 70 72 82. We look forward to receiving your application. We handle incoming application on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV soon as possible.
Bunker Holding is the world’s leading company in bunker trading.
We make fuelling ships simple. Since 1981 we have specialised in the purchase, sale and supply of fuel and lube oil to ships. We also help manage risk and volatility in fuel prices.
With more than 1500 specialists in 33 countries worldwide, our clients know that a local expert is always at hand with detailed insights into suppliers, port logistics, local availability and pricing. Bunker Holding is the largest company in the USTC Group. Learn more at www.bunker-holding.com.