Do you want to be a key figure in ensuring compliance in a fast-growing company? As part of Bunker Holdings tax team, you get the opportunity to use and develop your skills as an Indirect Tax Manager in a worldwide organisation.
Take on a global challenge
Working as our new Indirect Tax Manager your key responsibilities are to ensure indirect tax compliance across our global entities and further establish a solid platform for VAT reporting.
You will join a global company where respect towards each other and the global multicultural setting makes every day special, and no two days will be the same.
Here is an indication of what this job is about:
You will be working closely with the Group Controller and the rest of the Bunker Holding Group Finance team. Your focus is to provide expert advise within the area of customs, duties, and VAT, to develop and to make decisions and set the strategy for the area and leading it into a success.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Business partner on indirect taxes
- Handling of VAT/GST challenges..
- Assistance with implementation and validation of tax engine for VAT/GST in our ERP system (DBC).
- Controlling and monitoring of internal controls relating to indirect tax filings.
- Implementation of strategic initiatives relating to the trading model.
- Explore and follow global development in Energy tax and Carbon dioxid taxation.
- Contribution to the implementation of new business models and trading principles that ensure compliance.
- Education and training colleagues in your field.
”In Bunker Holding Tax team we strive to enable the best possible tax set-up to realize business opportunities” Head of Tax Jacob Mønster Christensen
Passionate team player with expertise within tax
The perfect match for us, is a person who holds an academic degree preferably combined with some experience. You are positive, flexible, and a skilled team player. Your natural interest in your field of expertise is the motivation for the creation of good results. You thrive in a dynamic environment where tasks can sometimes require the ability to keep track. You want to develop and implement new initiatives for rapid growth. Since Bunker Holding operates in an international network, you are comfortable communicating across different cultures and functions.
In addition, you have:
- Experience within VAT and GST audits as well as regulatory inquiries.
- Experience with Excel and BI-database tools.
- Ability to articulate complex tax requirement information to individuals and groups across the company and collaborate well with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Ability to manage large volumes of data and distil into meaningful information for analysis. Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance
- Business understanding and project management capabilities.
Join our team
You will be part of a dedicated tax team in the Bunker Holding Group, where we are currently 4 employees working with what we know best: VAT, energy taxes, customs, corporation tax, and transfer pricing. We value knowledge sharing and teamwork, and you will become a valuable part of our future development as a team and as individuals.
With reference to Head of Tax, Jacob Mønster Christensen, your work and responsibility become indirect taxes in a broad sense. We are placed at our new waterfront office in Aalborg. In addition, we have offices in both Middelfart and Copenhagen.
Apply now and join a global leader in bunkering
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Tax, Jacob Mønster Christensen at +45 88811736 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible by filling the form below.
Bunker Holding is the world’s leading company in bunker trading
We make fuelling ships simple. Since 1981 we have specialised in the purchase, sale, and supply of fuel and lube oil to ships. We also help manage risk and volatility in fuel prices.
With more than 1500 specialists in 33 countries worldwide, our clients know that a local expert is always at hand with detailed insights into suppliers, port logistics, local availability and pricing. Bunker Holding is the largest company in the USTC Group. Learn more at www.bunker-holding.com.