We are sailing towards new technological horizons – towards service architecture, a scaled agile framework, software recycling and alignment between product teams. Are you ready for the opportunity to take the helm and keep us on the right course?
Bunker Holding Group – fuelling the future
At Bunker Holding Group, we specialise in buying, selling and supplying marine fuel and lubricating oil to ships. With an ever-changing market, and our desire to move towards greener fuelling solutions, trading is becoming increasingly complex.
As such, we are constantly improving our in-house product suites to help and support our colleagues in the E2E processes in the commodity trading market. The head of technology will be responsible to ensure a modern digital service architecture which enable us to easy integrate with ecosystems.
At the heart of it is an architectural framework that enables us to develop better and faster.
“This is quite an interesting time to enter the organisation. You have the chance to rethink everything, including the very strategy for our technological landscape, so we can stay at the forefront of technology.” – Peer Omann, Group CIO
Keep us at the forefront of technology
As we make our technological advances, you will be there to facilitate collaboration across your department, keep us heading in the right direction and ensure continued technical feasibility of our solutions. To do so, you will:
- Provide technical leadership to your department – which encompasses enterprise architecture, cyber security, cloud services and more
- Establish the overall architectural vision and runway, preparing us for future technological advances, market changes and environmental initiatives
- Set the architectural standards and principles for our engineers to apply in order to maintain technical consistency
- Communicate closely with our engineers, accepting/rejecting solution proposals, changing prioritisations when needed etc. as well as ensure that architects, techs leads and product teams work close together with Cloud Center of Excellence.
- Ensure proper design, development and communication of models, processes and tools
- Explore potential technical enablers, championing their potential to the IT business portfolio board and ensuring they are brought to life in Bunker Holding Group IT
Focus on the technical vision – we’ll take care of the rest
In BHG IT we are constantly moving, growing and evolving, and we truly believe that people are our most important asset in our continuous journey.
The past years, we have focused on establishing an agile and product-centric organisation to be able to scale our digital setup for the future. Now, we are ready to take the next step in our digital journey and enrich our organisation by splitting up our leadership responsibility into three areas: People, Product Delivery and Technology. We strongly believe this will drive higher employee satisfaction, help us embrace opportunities and enable our leaders to focus on what they do best.
This enables you, as Head of Technology, to fully dedicate your time to technical leadership, while other colleagues focus on people development and the like.
Great leader with a nose for tech
You have sound experience with executing strategies, preferably through teams and functions across a large organisation. It is a huge advantage if you have done so in organisations undergoing large transitions.
You should also have broad knowledge of IT development – preferably related to Microsoft solutions. This could be from previous positions as a developer, architect, solutions specialist or similar.
In terms of your soft skills, you are ideally:
- Knowledgeable about technology and all its possibilities – you don’t need in-depth knowledge of e.g., Azure or C#, but rather a broad proficiency that enables you to understand, communicate about and challenge it
- Structured and analytical in your approach to change and development
- A strong stakeholder manager with high emotional intelligence and communication skills that induce trust and buy-in
- Team oriented in nature, and you enjoy collaborating across departments and borders and solving challenges together
Would you like to take part in fuelling the future?
Then please apply by uploading your cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews will be planned as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Peer Omann, Group CIO, through the reception on +45 88 38 28 28.