Are you an experienced, ambitious sourcing professional, with the passion and commercial mindset necessary to take on the challenge of shaping and leading a new sourcing setup in the US – Then you might be just the right candidate, that we are looking for.
To strengthen our sourcing set up even further in the US, we are now looking for a Head of Sourcing Desk, who - with experience from sourcing within the oil industry - has the necessary skillset to take on an active role in the process of setting up, driving and developing a competent sourcing team to strengthen and expand our business even further.
About the role
Reporting to the Global Head of Sourcing, you are expected to have the operational experience and hands-on approach needed to create a solid foundation for the sourcing set up in the US Gulf and Panama region. Being responsible for managing and developing our operations in the region, it is crucial to have the right team. Thus, you get to participate in the recruitment process of the new competent team of 4-6 sourcing professionals, who will join your journey and take on the task of strengthening the business with you.
The new Head of Sourcing Desk´s most important task will be to ensure the optimal sourcing approach/strategy for Bunker Holding, while helping create a strong collaboration between the different units of our value chain (trading, physical, sourcing, risk management etc.).
Your other tasks include:
- Supporting the Sourcing team in strengthening our competitive position with relevant supplier knowledge, sourcing strategies and relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiate and close long term business contracts
- Involvement in trading derivatives/hedging techniques
- Execution of the implementation of the purchasing strategy
- Supplier visits and development and product screening
- Ensuring persistent data and KPI follow-up
- Building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Be a key ambassador to the Sourcing team, showing and teaching them how the Supply side of the business can create value to external suppliers and internal customers, as well as creating trust and transparency throughout the whole value chain
An outgoing leader with a commercial mindset and shared passion for sourcing
We hope you bring 5-7 years of experience, preferably from working in a similar role. You are an outgoing positive team player, with drive and passion for sourcing and you are ready to lead by example. You know from experience that having and leading the right team generates the best results, for which reason you must have a genuine passion for leadership, mentoring and developing people. You might bring experience working directly with bunkers or have touched base with it through a position within shipping or cargo trading. Furthermore, besides having in depth understanding of derivatives, trading, and physicals from the industry, you also possess the right communication- and analytical skills to communicate across organizational levels and take lead in driving our shared, global strategy within sourcing. You are result-oriented, structured and a proactive individual who is comfortable operating at all levels to solve issues.
To succeed in the role, you have:
- A commercial approach to procurement and solid purchasing qualifications
- Proven understanding of procurement methodologies
- Demonstrable “hands on” problem solving abilities in multi-cultural and dynamic environments
- Highly skilled in long term business development
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- English on a professional level – written/orally – additional language such as Spanish would be considered an advantage
- Willingness and ability to travel
Want to join the team and help shape the future
If you can see yourself taking on the above-mentioned tasks, motivating and driving the right team who can work together towards a common goal, then please send in your application now.
If you should have any additional questions to the position, before applying, please do not hesitate to reach out to Global Sourcing Manager, Mads Buchwald at +45 6037 6722.
Remember that above description of the position is the ideal requirements for a candidate, however we strongly believe in inclusion and diversity, for which reason we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements.
Please apply for the position by sending your CV and cover letter via this link to our website. We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!