SOURCER - HOUSTON
Are you a skilled Sourcer, looking for your next opportunity to grow and develop your skillset even further and do you also have experience within the oil trading or shipping industry? Then you might be just the right sourcing professional we are looking for.
As part of our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a determined sourcing professional who can help navigate the market and negotiate attractive prices and terms. You will be working in an international organisation and will be part of the newly established sourcing team in our Houston office.
A role with focus on stakeholder management
As Sourcer, your responsibilities will be daily purchasing, sourcing of marine fuel, following up on deliveries, confirmations, cost and quality. To succeed in this role, excellent cooperation with the internal organisation, suppliers and subcontractors is vital. Furthermore, focus on quality, on-time deliveries, and optimization of costs are all tasks that come natural for you.
Your other tasks include:
- Optimizing and handling the supplier portfolio and ensuring the needed capacity in relation to future demands
- Involvement in trading derivatives/hedging techniques
- Supporting implementation of purchasing strategy
- Supplier and product screening
- Ensuring persistent data and KPI follow-up
- Claims handling and post fixing follow-up
A proactive, positive, and hands-on profile
The ideal candidate has around 3 years ‘of relevant sourcing experience, preferably from the oil trading or shipping industry. Insights into bunkering would be considered an advantage, but not a must. You possess great negotiation- and project management skills and have a commercial approach to procurement.
Furthermore, you have:
- Proven understanding of procurement methodologies
- “Hands on” problem solving abilities in multi-cultural and dynamic environments
- Able to analyse market and price development
- You speak and write English fluently and an additional language such as Spanish would be considered an advantage.
As a person you are result-oriented, structured and a proactive individual who is comfortable operating at all levels to solve issues. You are a self-starter who operates effectively with minimum supervision and a positive attitude.
Want to join the team and help shape the future?
If you can see yourself taking on the above-mentioned tasks, then please send your application now.
If you should have any additional questions to the position, before applying, please do not hesitate to reach out to Global Sourcing Manager, Mads Buchwald at +45 6037 6722.
Remember that above description of the position is the ideal requirements for a candidate, however we strongly believe in inclusion and diversity, for which reason we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
Please apply for the position by sending your CV and cover letter via this link to our website. We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!