Are you interested in a career within purchasing and sourcing of marine fuels, and do you thrive in a result-oriented and dynamic environment? Then this might be your next career opportunity as we are looking for a talented Bunker Purchaser to join our office in Singapore.
We are in the process of preparing our ambitious growth strategy for which reason, we are looking for a determined Bunker Purchaser with good analytical and communicative skills. You will be working in an international organisation and will be part of our team of 14 people. As Bunker Purchaser, you are used to securing daily business in a global market and negotiate attractive prices and terms at the same time.
Job purpose and role
As Bunker Purchaser within Bunker Holding Group you will, amongst others, be given the responsibility to offer strategies and reliable bunkering solutions to various stakeholders.
Offering advice to key stakeholders, investigate and explore new trends and tendencies within the market and perform best practice with a professional approach using market knowledge and expertise will also be key tasks to succeed in the role. Furthermore, active involvement in daily price sourcing, sourcing of marine fuel, following up on deliveries, confirmations, cost and quality will also be part of your daily tasks.
Your other tasks include:
- Platts pricing window activity and develop critical understanding of the market fundamental that aids trading calls
- Furnish trading activity and market intelligence report on a daily, weekly, monthly basis as required, updating regional and local information to respective stakeholders
- Utilize relevant statistical and hedging tools to achieve competitive prices, optimizing trading profits. Being proficient in contract/swap pricing management is preferred
- Establish, develop, and optimize strategic partnership with suppliers/marketing teams through consistent engagements, performing the role of bridging the gap between supply and marketing team.
- Evaluate and negotiate purchase contracts with suppliers
An excellent opportunity for development
In this position you will get a unique opportunity to work with highly skilled sourcing professionals and get a broad interface with many stakeholders. We offer excellent development opportunities and the right candidate will get the opportunity to strengthen and develop their professional skills in a global company. You will also be part of our ongoing journey to professionalize our purchase and logistic function and processes.
The ideal candidate has relevant sourcing experience from previous employment, technical insight in bunkering, negotiation skills and project management capabilities. We expect you to have at least 2 years’ experience from a similar position, preferably from the shipping or oil & gas industry.
Furthermore, you have:
- A commercial approach to procurement and relevant purchasing qualification
- Proven understanding of procurement methodologies
- Demonstrable “hands on” problem solving abilities in multi-cultural and dynamic environments
- Ability to analyse market and price development and execute risk management
- Ability to handle complex calculations
- Highly skilled in long term business development
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- English on a professional level – written/orally – additional languages would be considered an advantage
Be a part of our team
If you can see yourself taking on the above-mentioned tasks, joining a team who can work together towards a common goal, then please send in your application now.
If you have more questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Sourcing, Ho Ting Teck on +65 9836 6882
Remember that above description of the position is the ideal requirements for a candidate, however we strongly believe in inclusion and diversity, for which reason we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible and process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your cv and cover letter as soon as possible via our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!