BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Do you see yourself in an international dynamic corporation with a culture characterized by openness, customer orientation, and commercial success? Do you have the capabilities to analyze vast amounts of data, a flair for reporting and high-level communication? Then this is your opportunity to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team as our new Business Intelligence Analyst and unlock the value of data!
About the job
The FP&A team is responsible for creating financial and business relevant transparency across the global organization of Bunker Holding using business understanding, analytical competences, and strong data insights. We are using the newest functionalities of Power BI, providing our group with streamlined and relevant performance management. You will be working from our headquarters in Middelfart together with the rest of the team.
In this role you will become an expert in our business intelligence solutions creating value by bridging the gap between finance, data, and IT. The business intelligence solution provides the relevant data to all parts of the organization, establishing the foundation on which important decisions are made. As a business intelligence analyst, you will be a critical part of the continuous development and use of our group-wide data facilities. You will be the go-to specialist for any inquiries regarding our solution, the primary analyst, and work closely with cross-functional teams, including our external developer team and product owner.
Developing data requires a strong analytical mindset, a sharp eye for details and good business understanding. The job will include both activities with cross company projects, analysis, and presentations. In addition, you will develop and maintain the Business Intelligence setup across Bunker Holding ensuring joint prioritization and direction across IT, Finance, Commercial and Operations. You will be working within the sphere of reporting, analysis, planning, and forecasting.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecast of the company’s future performance
- Develop and maintain the business intelligence solution, ensuring data accuracy, reliability, and usability.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from across the organization to understand their data needs and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Performance analysis and data presentation to support decision processes.
- Act as the primary analyst for the business intelligence solution, identifying and resolving any issues and help our users understand the data they receive.
- Support our strategic journey towards a next level platform in close collaboration with Group IT and other finance departments.
As a person, you are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical approach, being well organized with great attention to detail. You are an initiative taker with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement, and enjoy solving problems. Furthermore, you have excellent interpersonal skills and can navigate in a challenging, fast paced, and changing environment. Finally, you have the following qualifications:
- You hold a relevant degree within business, finance, or accounting
- You have a solid financial and business understanding
- You are an advanced user of Excel and if you can analyze data within e.g., R Studio, Power Query or DAX this is an advantage
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar tools is an advantage but not a requirement.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English.
Apply now and join a global leader in bunkering
We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. In case you have questions about the position, please contact Financial Planner & Analyst, Peter Mærsk Laursen på +45 4037 1992. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible.
Bunker Holding is the global leader in purchasing, selling, and supplying marine fuel and lube oil as well as providing risk management and other vital services for the shipping industry. The company operates via more than 1,760 ports worldwide and is present in 34 countries with 66 offices and more than 1500 skilled employees.
The group has a long history but remains forward-looking and focused on answering the needs and challenges of an ever-changing industry.
Bunker Holding is the largest company in the USTC Group, a family-owned company based in Denmark. USTC holds activities in oil & energy, ship owning, shipping & door-to-door logistics, risk management, car activities, IT, sustainable energy, and environment & recycling. The USTC Group is currently present with more than 140 offices in 40 countries and employs more than 4000 people worldwide.
Read more at https://www.bunker-holding.com/